2024 International FoodTec Award – Registration phase for Technology Award enters new round
The DLG (German Agricultural Society) is organising the International FoodTec Award for the twelfth time. The renowned technology prize is awarded to ground-breaking innovation projects from companies in the food and supplier industry. The awards ceremony will take place during Anuga FoodTec 2024, the international supplier trade fair for the food and beverage industry, in Cologne, Germany. Applications for the International FoodTec Award may be submitted until 14 June 2023.
The International FoodTec Award recognises ground-breaking developments in international food technology and is presented as gold and silver medals. (Illustration: © DLG e.V.)
Innovation, sustainability and efficiency
With the International FoodTec Award, the DLG and its partners honour ground-breaking developments in innovation, sustainability and efficiency in the field of food technology. Innovations from the fields of process technology, including measurement and control technology, automation and robotics, filling and packaging technology, environmental technology, biotechnology, process management including software solutions, logistics, food safety and quality management are eligible.
The award is presented as gold and silver medals. A gold medal is awarded to products with a new conception, in which the function has been decisively changed and the use of which makes a new process possible or significantly improves a known process. Silver medals will go to products that have been further developed in such a way that a significant improvement in the function or the process is achieved as a result.
International jury of experts
The award winners will be selected by an international 17-member jury chaired by Prof. Dr. Katharina Riehn, University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg, Germany. The renowned experts come from research, teaching and practice. The new jury members include:
- Dr. Andrew Edewa, TradeMark East Africa (TMEA), Kenya
- Dr.ir. C.D. Kees de Gooijer, Top Consortium for Knowledge and Innovation (TKI), TKI-BioBased Economy, The Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Victoria A. Jideani, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town, South Africa
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gi Eun Kim, Seokyeong University, Seoul, South Korea
- Prof. Dr. Olga Martin-Belloso, University of Lleida/Spanish Society for Food Technology, Lleida, Spain
- Prof. Dr. Helga Medić, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Cornelia Rauh, Technical University of Berlin, Germany
Other jury members are:
- Prof. Dr. Antonio Delgado, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Michael Doßmann, Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences, Weidenbach, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Michael Gänzle, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Prof. Dr. Tilo Hühn, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Wädenswil, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Henry Jäger, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Austria
- Prof. Dr. Horst-Christian Langowski, Technical University of Munich, Fraunhofer Institute for Packaging Technology and Packaging (IVV), Freising, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Achim Stiebing, East Westphalia Lippe University of Applied Sciences, Lemgo, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Birgit Vogel-Heuser, Technical University of Munich, Automation and Information Systems, Germany
- Dr.-Ing. Tobias Voigt, Technical University of Munich, Industrial Association for Food Technology and Packaging (registered association), Freising, Germany
Trade and media partners
The International FoodTec Award is presented by the DLG together with the trade partners EF-FoST (European Federation of Food Science and Technology) and Anuga FoodTec (Koelnmesse). Media partners include the trade journals "Fleischwirtschaft" and "Fleischwirtschaft international" published by Deutscher Fachverlag, the trade journals "EDM - European Dairy Magazine" and "DMW - Deutsche Milchwirtschaft" published by Th. Mann Verlag, the trade journal "Lebensmitteltechnik" published by LT Food Medien-Verlag, the trade magazines "Getränkeindustrie" and "Brewing and Beverage Industry International" published by W. Sachon Verlag and the trade journal "DLG-Lebensmittel" published by DLG-Verlag.
For details of all jury members as well as further information on the award and participation in the competition, go to: www.foodtecaward.com